SS 2022 MIX Magazine issue 61
Seeking inspiration for the new normal
Much has been made of the positive effects on the environment that calling a halt on travel has precipitated. There is a groundswell of feeling that there is much more to be explored here, hence Custodian, a calm, centred response to the shockwave of the pandemic, focusing on recalibrating values and seeking out a fairer, more inclusive society.
At its core, this story is concerned with protection and preservation, along with observations on the natural rhythms of time and the value of soil, plants and rural living.
There has never been a driver like Covid-19; it has affected every corner of the Earth, and this is a global connection that should be acknowledged. So, we look forward to 2022 and the hope that a vaccine or effective treatment for Covid-19 will release an explosion of pent up creativity, kept too long behind our own front doors. This is a key driver for our story Goddess (along with a healthy dose of feminine wisdom).
In this final direction we turn to pleasure seeking in its purest form, a collective exhalation of breath as the grim dangers of this virus recede.
Also in this issue
- Features, essays and interviews exploring the drivers behind the SS 2022 forecast
- 40 pages of trend and colour and material direction and analysis
- Global colour palettes and regional variances for Europe, Middle East, South Africa, North America, Latin America, Asia, India, Australia & New Zealand
- Early adopters of our SS 2021 directions Clarity and Alice
- Colour innovator interviews
- Class of 2020 graduate focus
This issue is exclusive to Colour Hive members, and one of many features included in membership
Image credits from top:
MIX Images © Colour Hive | Millennium Seed Bank | Rebecca Lee & Signe Emdal | Laura Berger